Thursday, July 21, 2011

King of Anything

Sara Bareilles has been on repeat in my car lately. I just adore her lively personality that shines through her music. When I was in Charleston with my roommates a few months ago, we fell asleep to VH1, watching music videos until we dosed off. We all woke up around 5am, to Sara's video for Uncharted after hearing it for the three thousandth time subconsciously in our sleep, no exaggeration. Needless to say it was stuck in our heads for the next few weeks. Have you seen the video? It's fun and has appearances from famous singers as well as everyday people. While I loved Uncharted, my new favorite Sara Bareilles song is King of Anything. It's from the same album and it's so sassy.
"Who cares if you disagree, you are not me, who made you king of anything? So, you dare tell me who to be, who died and made you king of anything?"
Don't you love her? She's such a natural beauty. She reminds me of my friend Allie, who has probably been told that a million times. 

Link up your song with Goodnight Moon!

11 comments:

  1. yes love "king of anything!" such a fun song!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite songs by her- saw her play it on Ellen and fell in love with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Sara Bareilles! My friend Ashton took me to see her in concert for my birthday this year. She played at Wake Forest University in one of their chapels and we had 4th row seats! She was amazing and is really funny! If you ever get a chance to see her in concert, I highly recommend it! I have pictures on my blog from the concert. simplystatedme.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man... I love this song so much! I love the morning time on VH1 when they actually play music videos instead of horrible reality tv, but they do play the same ones over, and over, and over!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too love this song! It's such a great song! I actually love the words to this song! I mean...if you really listen to them, it's soooooo true! Thanks for linking it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love King Of Anything
    The first time I heard it was last summer after husband and I had a HUGE argument.
    That song was on loop on my ipod for an entire week!
    brett

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE that song :) It's been stuck in my head for days now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this song too, but my shout out is for Miss Darla. "Boys! Ewwwww!"

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a week behind I know! I love this song!

    ReplyDelete