Friday, July 08, 2011

Cotton Candy Cosmo

This past weekend I made a delicious cocktail that I have been wanting to make for months after I saw it on My Fair Wedding with David Tutera. The opportunity arose when we had a few people over for the 4th of July (I know, not a festive cocktail, but I couldn't wait any longer). The Cotton Candy Cosmopolitan. This would be the perfect drink for a girls night or a bachelorette party, but all the men in our house for the 4th  enjoyed it as well. 
Now you see it....
Now you don't!
It was fun making them and everyone couldn't believe how fast the cotton candy dissolved. It seems like they would be too sweet, but they really weren't. Here's what you need...
Each drink needs 1 mound of cotton candy, 1 1/2 oz of Vodka, 1 oz of X Rated Fusion Liqueur, 1 oz of Cranberry Juice. Mixed the liquids together and pour over the cotton candy.
Cheers!

14 comments:

  1. YUM, I'm totally stealing this idea! What a cute drink idea, thanks for posting : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummm, that looks like s treat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute idea! Especially for a bridal shower/bachelorette (or even a baby shower ... just the mom can't drink, right?!) Totally can be used as decor too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, fellow Charlottean! :) I just found your blog. These martinis look so amazingly good! I saw David Tutera make them as well and I was immediately hooked. I'm going to make them soon for some girlfriends. Hope you had a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol
    I rarely watch that show, but happened to see that episode
    brett

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also saw this on My Fair Wedding! I am border line obsessed with that show. I assumed these would be so sweet but now that I know they aren't, I can't wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE that show!!! and those look delicious!
    they just need some sugar on the rim now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Favoriting (is that a word??) this post!! Will definitely be trying this soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh My Lord! This is tooooo cute! I simply cannot wait to try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a great idea, and sounds delicious! I'll have to give it a try :)
    www.SproutThroughConcrete.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. i like these! they have one that is somewhat similar at our t.g.i. fridays. yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. holyyy goodness! i'm so trying these.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had a similar drink at a recent wedding and had no idea what all went in it! Looks like now I can make my own :)

    ReplyDelete