Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Copycat

A few days ago I found this outfit on Pinterest that I adored. I loved the colors, the style, the textures. I don't think I could say single negative thing about the outfit except for the fact that I didn't own it. Apparently others were in agreement because it's been "repined" a lot on the website. I did a little research and the pieces are a little out of my price range. Sometimes however, that's even better because that's when fashion becomes a sport for me [yes, I went there] when I can recreate a look, but cheaper. 
[Necklace: Boutique in Alexandria, Shirt: Target, Skirt: Forever21, Bangles: Forever 21, Clutch: Calvin Klein, Shoes: TJ Maxx]

How do you think I did? I have a pear shaped figure, so while I love the look of a bodycon skirt, an A-line flatters my figure better and feels more comfortable. Tonight I am meeting a friend uptown for dinner, drinks and loads of girl talk, I figured this outfit would be chic and comfortable for an evening in the city. 

Link up your style with No Model Lady and The Pleated Poppy.

21 comments:

  1. I think yours is better but I'd love to see it with a belt too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out so awesome! I need to find that skirt! I want this outfit. hahah

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so adorable! What store in Alexandria did you go to for the necklace?? I may have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this outfit--the idea of pairing a military cut olive drab blouse with a lacy skirt is perfect!
    And your accessories and shoes are just the right amount of simple glamour <3

    I'm a fan ;)

    --Sara Sophia

    ReplyDelete
  5. You don't look pair shaped at all, just hot and skinny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you did a GREAT job "copying" that look, but I think I like yours better! Good job girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice job recreating that look. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that outfit. You always put the cutest things together that I would never think of. Definitely jealous of your fashion sense! Also- I did a post today on Ireland. I know you have been talking about wanting to visit there so if you want to see some pictures I put some up! It's lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What the. You got that beautiful skirt at F21? I love it and I need it. And I need some nice long legs like yours to go with it.

    Ask the Duplex

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yea I repined this and yea I'm jealous. BUT Thank you for making it easy for me to get this outfit! :-) You're the best :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. good job! i have that skirt and i LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow! you really did a great job copying that outfit..i especially LOVE your skirt :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dang, you totally nailed it! I love when that happens, and for less $!

    ReplyDelete
  14. hey baby i finally found a "sport" i can excel in
    love the look
    brett

    ReplyDelete
  15. Baby you are the most beautiful girl in the world. Love You!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look so cute!! I love pinterest to recreate outfits...

    ReplyDelete
  17. stopping by from the pleated poppy! you did great... i have admired the same outfit on pinterest... and i must say i like your skirt better- you look very put together and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very chic and an unexpected pairing of fabrics... looks great on you and kudos for creating the look for less! You should start doing that every week - take an outfit and recreate it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I looove this outfit! So cute!
    And thank you for stopping by my blog, and the sweet comment :)

    ReplyDelete