Tuesday, June 07, 2011

twisted crown

A few of you asked how I did my hair in a Twitter picture that I recently posted. I actually got the look from Caitlin's sister who had us going ga-ga over the look when she wore it here. It's the perfect style to wear during summer, for those days you don't have time to straighten your hair when spending the afternoon at the pool and transitioning into date night. It's an extra bonus for those of us with thick, shorter hair because it's helps keep your bangs out of your face and short pieces off your neck. 

Here are step by step instructions of this look...
  1. Part your hair to the side (get all your bangs to one side)
  2. Start with the section of your hair that your bangs have parted. Grab your bangs at the crown of your head and start twisting backwards, along the hairline while grabbing more hair along the way. 
  3. Stop twisting when the hair begins to extend past the scalp. Secure with bobby pins.
  4. Take the opposite section of your hair. Grab the pieces at the crown and repeat the backward twist, again stopping when the twist begins to extend past the scalp. 
  5. Secure with bobby pins. 
  6. Gather all of your hair at the nape of your neck and twist clockwise (or counterclockwise if you are a lefty like me) into a bun and secure with either bobby pins or a clear elastic. 
Tease and tug a little to allow pieces to fall out and loosen up. Then mist with a little flexible hairspray to keep hold. If you want to dry your hair first to prevent damaging or because it's easier to style, it works just as well. 
Easy peasy my loves. Seriously it takes less than three minutes, the instructions were harder to write than the hairstyle is to do.

17 comments:

  1. I also do that hairstyle a lot ^^ its cute =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute and what a great idea as I sit and get frustrated with my curly hair in the summer heat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish my hair were longer for the sole purpose of doing this hair do, so super cute.


    asktheduplex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. used to wear my hair like that back in the day
    (80's)
    glad to see it is coming back
    i think it is very feminine
    brett

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! So adorable. Its so great for summer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect summer hairstyle! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautifullllllllllllllll! Thanks for the tutorial, i always wonder how to do fun hair like that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute!! I might have to steal this look for a wedding we are going to this weekend (if I can get it down. lol.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really pretty, Jordan. Then again, you'd look great even with a shaved head:)
    ~Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. So easy but it looks so glamorous! I'm going to try it tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Baby, your are the coolest blogger and the most beautiful girl. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ahh, beautiful, BEAUTIFUL! thanks for sharing, I have to try it ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tried this hairstyle this morning! You were right ... super easy. :)

    ReplyDelete