Monday, June 06, 2011

The Market

One of my favorite adventures is to wake up early on a Saturday morning and go to the local Farmer's Market. Farmer's Markets support local farmers and takes me back to a simpler time. The Huntersville Market is located in Old Town Huntersville, surrounded by railroad tracks, homes and churches (including the one I grew up in) that have been around since the town was established in the 1800's. My dream is to live in a town that has a Farmer's Market close enough for me to simply walk to with my tote's in hand (ideally the Market  in Old Town Alexandria). We left with a variety of goodies; a Rosemary/Garlic bread loaf, Jams (including Mint Jelly, have you heard of that? How should I use it?), and homemade HobNob cookies. 
I am currently enjoying breakfast with the homemade Strawberry Jam we purchased, and it's the perfect combination of sweet and tart.  
What's the Farmer's Market like in your town? 
Check for one in your area here

8 comments:

  1. Mine opens this weekend and I CAN'T wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rock for posting the link to find one near us. I looked it up and it isn't too far away! Thanks Jordan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm your newest follower! Ya know, I live in the country and I have YET to visit my town's farmers market... but I hear they have some bomb dot com food so I don't know what I'm waiting for ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love going to the farmer's market! My family spends part of the summer in the country, and I just love going there on Saturday mornings. Everyone is always so sweet, and everything from there is delish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes! going to the farmers market is my favorite, favorite saturday morning activity!! the one in marion square in downtown charleston is so fabulous-- next time you are here over the summer you need to definitely go and meet me for lunch or a cocktail afterwards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Baby do you remember holding those baby chicks last year there? So much fun. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the farmer's market! We lived in San Diego for a while and they had one just a few blocks from our apartment but we never went because it really wasn't that good. But we just moved to Texas and we checked one out last week and I'm in LOVE. I got some potatoes and the most amazing peaches! We'll definitely be back. I love shopping local and supporting small farms.

    ReplyDelete