Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Living with the Queen

I am finally back in Charlotte after extending my trip to Wilmington by a few days a week. It wasn't until I saw the uptown Charlotte skyline that I realized how much I missed the city. Or maybe it was the fact I was driving through a monsoon the entire way back to Charlotte and I was finally getting close to home. I survived the trip, but my nails didn't. 
[Shirt: TJ Maxx, Necklace: Forever 21, Bangles: Forever 21, Shorts: Forever 21, Shoes: Target]
Ask any of my friends and family, Charlotte was the last place I wanted to live upon graduation. The idea of moving back to this area was a nonexistent thought in my head. I wanted new adventure, new places and new travel. After pouting for a week or so, I realized that I needed to take a dose of my own medicine and appreciate where I am at this point in my life. After exploring all that the city has to offer and spending time with friends, I couldn't be more happy that the Queen City is where I plan on starting as a young professional. 

17 comments:

  1. love. it. i think i own those shorts but i'm always too scared to wear them lol! i might have to try a similar outfit this weekend...there's no way i'll rock it as hard as you do but a girl can dream :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That outfit is so cute! I think I'm going to try to recreate it for Canada Day! When you think of how much you don't want to be in Charlotte, think of people who would love to live where you are! (me! haha) But honestly, I did the same thing when I moved back home too. It's just an adjustment period. I'm happy to know that since I am so young, I have so much time to explore and grow wherever I want to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those shorts look super comfy, and nice and light.

    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also think it's a huge blessing you have such a loving family to go home to! The further I get from home (first my own choices and the Army) the more I appreciate it, especially the fact that I'm Southern. Good luck on starting your own history in your city!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look adorable, I love your shorts! (cute legs too!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Charlotte was also the last place I wanted to go after graduation but after being away from home for so long I can't wait to move back next month. Plus, Charlotte has so many wonderful opportunities for a young professional. It's a blessing to already have a home there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your blog (and your wardrobe)! I wanted to buy a pair of similar shorts but was a bit clueless on how exactly to wear them (dress up? causal?) Thanks for tips!

    ReplyDelete
  8. l o v e

    the outfit. and i like your insight. i never thought i would move to california. like never. and here i am, surrounded by love and family, now living in cali. its weird. but im trying to get used to it!

    thestyleprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are just adorable! Those shorts are perfect. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seriously one of my favorite outfits ever - it's so whimsical and dreamy. Love love love.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! You are OFFICIALLY my new style icon. Love your style and your blog.

    www.theartofbeingfab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. found you through PP and you're so cute i just had to leave a comment! i love your style :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous outfit! I love the feminism in it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are just too darn cute all the time! And in regards to Charlotte, I'm sure you're memories of the area all stem from your childhood, when you weren't even drinking and could barely even drive a car. Now that you're older there is so much more at your disposal. Anytime you get down on Charlotte, just think "Kate moved here from Orange County, CA by CHOICE... because she loved the area just as much as she loves OC!" Hahaha... Charlotte and LKN and AWESOME chica - glad you're embracing them!! Would Ben ever move closer???

    ReplyDelete
  15. pretty and perfect! love the softness and lady-likeness of this outfit!

    ReplyDelete