Thursday, June 02, 2011

Kill Devil Punch

Over the weekend I put my bartending skills to test and created Kill Devil Punch for our family cookout on Memorial Day. 
The recipe calls for Simple Syrup, which is about as simple to make as it sounds. See directions here. After the Simple Syrup is created you are ready to start mixing.

Step 1: Combine into a pitcher:
18 oz of Amber Rum, 12 oz of Pineapple Juice , 10 oz of Simple Syrup, 8 oz of Lime Juice
Step 2: Refrigerate for at least an hour.
Step 3: Stir ingredients (they will have settled in the refrigerator), then transfer ingredients into a punch bowl.
Step 4: Pour:
10 oz of chilled Champagne 
Step 5: Garnish with raspberries and lime wheels

The night before I made ice cubes with raspberries for to keep the punch cool outside. 
 Of course the punch was served in Mason Jars and just turned out absolutely wonderful. My measurements make about 12 drinks, I ended up doubling the original recipe. 
Cheers!

14 comments:

  1. Jordan one of the most colorful and yummy looking summer drinks I have seen!


    Come and join my amazing Giveaway from Tracy Porter!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds delicious!!!
    and the mason jars are a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seriously want some right now :) Thank you for posting the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks fabulous ... Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUM! I'm gonna have to make this.

    I love Mason Jars as glasses. It's such a nice southern touch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sooooo danggggg goodddddd!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks delicious - I love the berries frozen in the cubes, great idea:)

    ReplyDelete