Friday, April 08, 2011

take flight

I have been talking about my Wednesday all week long, but it was jammed packed with excitement. Brunswick Air is a new flight school out in Oak Island that has recently started offering Scenic Air Tours. They so graciously allowed Lauren Avery, an employee at the Seymour Johnson Ft. Fisher Recreation Area and myself to kick off their sky tours of the area. For more information about their specific tours, view here.   
It was an incredibly remarkable experience to say the least. My dad is a pilot and when we were younger he would take our family on day trips to all over the place. It was another one of those moments that I realized my parents introduced my brother and I to such unique opportunities and how appreciative I am for those experiences now.
We flew over the Air Force Recreation Area. My car is white speck all the way to the right in the parking lot of the brown building.
Remember my tour of the Oak Island Lighthouse? Here is an aerial view of the entire area.
So I may have forgotten to take Dramamine before the flight and I got a little bit nauseous. I get nauseous driving in  cars...I don't know what I was thinking. 
After the flight we were interviewed by a writer for the StarNews, which is a local paper in the area. I was in yesterday's paper! So cool! View the article HERE.
This experience cemented something I have always been told about myself, but was always brushed off my shoulder. 
I am a go-getter. I love taking chances and pushing my own limits. 
I must learn to love the fool in me the one who feels too much, talks too much, takes too many chances, wins sometimes and loses often, lacks self-control, loves and hates, hurts and gets hurt, promises and breaks promises, laughs and cries. -Theodore Issac Rubin
Who knows, maybe I'll get my flying license next...

9 comments:

  1. this is too cool! look how happy you are. love everything about this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool is that! I'd love to experience something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post. I hope you had a fabulous time. See you in May!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun!! Gorgeous views :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so awesome! The aerial view of the Oak Island Lighthouse is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so cool, Jordan. When I grow up, I want to be you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! what a cool experience! and i love your daring sense of adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so amazing! always wanted to do a biplane ride over martha's vineyard!

    and ummmm how was i not following your blog before?!?!?! love it!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete