Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Southern State of Mind

I could be anywhere, in my heart I'm always there. 
Where they drink sweet tea and they raise you to be polite.
No changin' who I am, that's the way I've always been.
No matter what state I'm in, I'm in a southern state of mind.
I am so excited because tomorrow, B and I are going to the Darius Rucker Concert! 

Back in January I was told we have a date on April 6th, but B wouldn't tell me what it was. Can you believe he was expecting me to wait that long? Luckily I have a psychic Caitlin (if you don't have one of those, go buy one, it's a great investment) who can always guess what B's date nights consist of. I do have to practically harass her to tell me, but it usually works. Unfortunately this particular date stumped her. 
Never fear, this little miss can sweet talk like no other, and B gave in the next week. 
So here we are one day away and I cannot wait!
 Not only does Darius Rucker's music help me to channel my inner southern belle, he and I share obsessions with two very defining things in a person's life. Okay, that might have been a tad bit dramatic, but we both share the love of the South Carolina Gamecocks and Charleston, South Carolina, making him basically my best friend.
Again with the exaggeration...
Anyways, so I am struggling deciding what to wear to this concert. 
Do I want to deck myself out in Gamecock attire like I am going to a football game? After all, on all other days Darius isn't in town, I am probably one of two Gamecock fans in Wilmington (the second being my brother). Or do I want to dress up like a lovely Charleston, southern belle and be a lady?
Help!

10 comments:

  1. darius rucker = love.
    he had a concert here in knoxville and my friends and i were front row touching the stage.
    beside me was a friend from high school with a disability. we had wheeled him up to the front with us so he could see...
    at the end of the show, darius took off his hat, signed it, and handed it right to the guy, justin. i never saw justin smile as big as he did that night.
    darius proceeded to shake our hands and let us take pictures of him.

    super nice guy & a great show, too. you will LOVE it!!

    have fun! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohmyword. I completely forgot about him being in Wilmy!
    I am JEALOUS...
    are tickets sold out??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Southern Belle all the way! Super cute -- can't wait to see pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. In my college town, you could simultaneously be dressed in "sports-going" attire AND be a dressy Southern belle. The look was called "gameday" since most sorority girls dressed up to attend football games. (There were even boutiques catering to this phenomenon.) Have fun at the concert!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like fun! Definitely dress like a southern belle! Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have been uber obsessed with this song for the past 4 months.. it's ridiculous! haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Darius! I say Southern Belle, all the way! You're going to have such an amazing time! Make sure you take tons of pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am going too!!! My mom and aunt are coming into town tomorrow and were all going. I. CANT. WAIT!
    I say dress like a southern belle, in a casual way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love me some Darius Rucker. Y'all have fun! LOVE that outfit. I have a thing for over the top floppy hats. This is why! Totally fabulous just because... well, we can!

    Hope you have a wonderful day!
    B.

    That Girl in Pearls

    ReplyDelete