Tuesday, April 26, 2011

semi-homemade kabobs

I finally got my April issue of Real Simple and just in time too. Saturday afternoon I spent the day on the beach devouring the magazine and checking out my man while he was surfing. All lovers of Real Simple know about the delicious recipes they pack into each issue. Take a look at what Caitlin made from last month's issue. Lounging in the beautiful sun and the sand had me craving this kabob recipe. I am a born and bred semi-homemade girl, so I usually make short cuts when I can by channeling my inner Sandra Lee. I used the recipe in the magazine  but added peppers + [already cut] pineapple - onions - orange - the homemade marinade + this marinade + red pepper flakes and this rice with grated zucchini. I just altered the kabob ingredients to appeal to my taste buds and Easter dinner was born and it was so delicious.
 
 
With all the extra time cooking in semi-homemade goodness, I was able to make a few cocktails...
 [pink lemonade Italian soda, vodka and a lemon] 
and relax.
Besides, what would a Sandra Lee cooking show be without a cocktail. 
Until next time folks, keep it simple, keep it sweet and keep it semi-homemade. 

14 comments:

  1. They look gooood! So does that tinted pink drink :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so good... and healthy! You look beautiful. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. that drink looks absolutely delicious!
    and the kabobs don't look too bad either. :) haha
    yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yummy! Looks delicious! I love your bright colors too- so happy : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! You gotta have to cocktail to be Sandra :) Looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That cocktail looks quite refreshing!! So...when can you come cook for me?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i seriously want to make that... like, now. right now.
    looks absolutely DELISH!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! I laughed when I first read the Sandra Lee comment - I was thinking, "There's no alcohol in those kabobs! That's SO not Sandra Lee!" ;) But you got there in the end, and that cocktail sounds super-yummy! (As do your kabobs, those look amazing. We had pizza for Easter. No lie.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love Uncle Ben's microwavable rices woohoo! i haven't tried the basmati yet, i need to! what did you put in it?? just little slices of cucumber?? you're so cute in all ur semi-homeadeness you are READY for domesticated bliss...hint hint, nudge nudge to ur man. ahahahahahaha!! i wanna kabob and summer to be here NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look yummy!!! I just blogged a/b kabobs too..I made Honey Chicken Kabobs last week and they were delish! We had them w/ baked sweet potato fries. Ahh, you know it's Spring time with you start making Kabobs!!! Hope you had a great Easter -Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks so good!! I am a new reader to your blog, and I really like it! Hope you're having a good week so far!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it!! Semi-homemade is the way to go :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yum! Those look delish! So happy to have found your blog :)

    ReplyDelete