Tuesday, April 12, 2011

message in a bottle

This past weekend Wilmington hosted its annual Azalea Festival which means an entire four days full of events and concerts to attend. On Saturday, downtown was packed with people, vendors and food for the street fair. I was on the hunt for a beautiful bundle of flowers but found these and immediately feel in love. The other week A Cup of Jo wrote a delicious post about creating the perfect cheese plate and when I walked by these beauties...
it was love at first sight. Mountain to the Sea melts your favorite wine or liquor glass bottles and turns them into serving trays. These would be such great house warming gifts! Even more perfect for the girl who was subconsciously looking for the perfect cheese tray. Not only are these unique but most of them have hooks to hang the trays on your kitchen wall for a delightful piece of art. 

This Bombay Sapphire glass was my favorite and with petite shell spreader..I might have shrieked a little when I saw it, picturing it in my next apartment. 

12 comments:

  1. Wow, what a cute idea!! I wouldn't have taken you for a gin girl, to be totally honest. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I got one last year in San Fran and it is hanging in our kitchen!

    I posted about it here actually :) http://thriftyfindsandredesigns.blogspot.com/2010/11/reunited-and-it-feels-so-good.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so cute!! I wonder how they got the glass to do that.

    http://mambogook.blogspot.com/2011/04/from-my-blog-to-yours-college-advice.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want one now! That is so, so cute and I need a cheese tray as well! SO obsessed with cheese. And pretty things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have a wine bottle that family friends had made for us, it has a label in it that has our last name and the year we were married printed on it! Its hanging in our kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i just bought one of their beer bottles to hang on the wall. its a gift for the elderly couple pegs, kate and i drive. he loves michelob ultra so i just couldnt pass it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute idea! I've never seen anything like that before!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, found you via Joy and Lise Marie
    I am in Charlotte and have several friends with kids at UNCW
    Enjoyed browsing your blog and look forward to checking it out again
    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute! They sell these at the market in Charleston too...they are neat!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YES! There was a craft fair on base last week and I saw them there!! : ) I didn't really walk around the Azalea fest.. just kinda stayed in one spot.. apparently I should have..

    ReplyDelete