Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Travel Shows

This weekend the Fort Fisher Recreation Area attended travel shows at different military bases in the area. North and South Carolina vendors from various hotels, aquariums, winery's, and even an indoor sky diving facility came together to promote their services.
 I was lucky to attend two of these travel shows. 
I went to Seymour Johnson Air Force Base...
and Camp Lejeune Marine Corps base. 
Before my first travel show I had an entire butterfly farm growing in my stomach, but I had a blast. Attending different bases provided completely different experiences for me. Most people had heard of the Recreation Area at the Seymour Johnson, where as at Camp Lejeune they weren't familiar with it. A lot of the people I spoke with at Camp Lejeune told me they we're new to the area. I  was excited that they were reaching out to find things to do in the area. It was a learning experience because it allowed me to utilize different techniques when presenting and promoting the base. 
Being a part of the atmosphere this weekend only reiterated the desire I have to work with military families and serving those who serve this country. 

5 comments:

  1. It looks like you really love your job. That's great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your outfit... the black shirt and camel skirt outfit, so cute!! It really does look like you love your job. That's SO important!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have an awesome job and you are perfect for it!!! I love how those three guys are all giving you their undivided attention :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to have a job that I love! Looks like you had a great time :)

    ReplyDelete