Friday, March 25, 2011

T-minus....

Let the countdown to Graduation Day begin, my friends. 
We are down to 6 weeks. 
This week was the "Seahawk Salute" or most commonly known as cap & gown pick up week. 
Since we all have such different schedules, I ended up going three separate times to make sure I was able to document some of my favorite people and make sure parents were all sent pictures. 
Reflecting back on everything, I cannot believe I am at this moment feeling so nervous and excited all at once. I remember standing in that same spot I took these pictures so devastated that I was rejected from UNC-Wilmington, and a year later absolutely giddy when I was accepted as a transfer student. Now in a few short weeks I will be graduating. There have been so many changes in the past four years, so much growing and learning about myself and about others. I am so incredibly blessed to be at this place in my life, with an amazing and supportive family, wonderful life-long friends and a boyfriend that I adore.

11 comments:

  1. I still remember when I picked up my cap and gown 3 years ago! It was such a weird yet great feeling at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing time in life! Try to ejoy this time and leave the stressing to this summer - you should be so proud of yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Crazy! You're almost there, Woop Woop! :)
    PS, you always look flawless in your pictures, yea, I'm a tad jealous ;)

    Happy Friday, Love

    ReplyDelete
  4. so exciting! treasure these last few weeks - they'll fly by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) Picking up my cap and gown in 2009 felt so... ADULT! Like I'd finally reached the end of a road for a loonnnng haul; and it felt SO good! Enjoy your graduation ... the next 6 weeks will fly! Or drag ... depending on intensity of your courseload. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so exciting! I need to order my cap and gown still. AH!! Our pickup isn't until right before graduation. I'm super happy for you. What day is graduation? Georgia Southern's is May 14th (DAY AFTER MY 22ND!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So exciting! My beau just got his cap & gown, too, and went he sent me the picture I was SO excited!

    I hope you're having a great weekend! Stop by my blog sometime- I tagged you for an award! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! I am so excited for you! Hope your week is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How exciting! Picking up your cap and gown is such a great moment, and putting it on is even better!

    ReplyDelete