Tuesday, February 22, 2011

orange crush

My friend, Liz is redecorating her room and needed my help. 
She wanted navy blue, white and an accent color. The obvious accent color is yellow, right? Okay well there isn't much of a challenge there and finding a creative accent left me stumped.
Thankfully I have someone who is my perfect compliment to help me with this task. Over the weekend while Caitlin and I were laying out at the pool [yes, you heard that right, at the pool in my bathing suit, in February, jealous?] we brainstormed ideas and color combinations for her room.
How about them oranges?
It's apparent that blue and orange together are loud, so use orange for what it is, an accent color. Don't go buying an orange bedspread, unless you are like my mom and orange is your favorite color. [Be excited momma, orange is the it color for spring]
images via 1, 2 
Here are a few pieces that would look great be great accents.
PillowLampCandlesShelfSide Table, Calla Lilys, Wall Clock

12 comments:

  1. As a girl that loves the color mustard yellow ... she could do a lot of things with an accent colors for the palette she's selected; is she looking for something to pop? Fuschia and red look great against navy blue; if she's looking for something a little more subdued ... perhaps green? or purple? Or a pastel??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! I am so in love with navy blue and white, you really can't go wrong with almost any accent color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Orange and Blue together! Can be enjoyed through any season! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it!! Never would have picked orange, but it is a beautiful color with navy and white! :)
    thank you so so so so so much jordan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the combo! I also have to agree with Taryn, though. Fuchsia would be quite the pop too. Or a subdued pastel for a soft look...

    ReplyDelete
  6. So good! I love the idea of yellow too!
    And I think I might have seen you on campus today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hermes orange is such an unexpected alternative to the typical "go-to" accent colors while still being a timeless, distinguished classic. Adore adore, we did well. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your such a good friend! Love orange as an accent color. Always have! Love all the looks you pulled together for inspiration for her!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh this is so cool! That white chair is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is so great i have a white couch and have been trying to think of accent colors that aren't used everyday (and if you remember from my room in Charlotte i do love orange <3 -Elie

    ReplyDelete