Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Lame Duck

I have been feeling a little less than inspired lately.
I feel like I am in the Lame Duck session with school. 
The classes (with the exception of my internship) I am taking right now were chosen because I needed a few credits. It's that awkward period before a big transition. 
Lame. Duck. 

I have been a little overwhelmed with applying to jobs. 
I tend to be a control freak. There is no easy way to put it. I don't feel at all comfortable with the fact that I do not have a plan after graduation. I can handle it, I just don't prefer it. 
Then yesterday, during my quiet time, I remembered something I had put on the back burner to my stress and anxiety...it's not about me. It's not about my plan.  

It's about His plan for me. 
"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
-Jeremiah 29:11
I have heard this many times before, I remember the time and place that I memorized this verse, but yesterday reading it just brought me to tears. There is so much love and selflessness. He made us and  He will carry us. His plans have rarely been mine, but they have always been so much more rewarding. He has never let me down, even in times when I turned away from him. 
He has it under control, when and where and why.


Something Beautiful, Need to Breathe
PS. Thank you, Reina, for being wonderfully helpful and supportive with my questions about applying places.
PPS. A very happy, happy birthday to my Auntie Troi. xoxo. 

16 comments:

  1. I'm always feeling like a lame duck with being in school. Whenever I think this, I always correct myself, this is what I WANTED. We always want what we don't have and I need to stop! :) I am happy to help in any way! Let me know if there's other stuff or if you need advice about where (location wise) to look, etc!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh girl! Best of luck with everything...it will turn out wonderfully! Huggggs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that feeling...praying for you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That verse has been on my mind for a very long time now! And it is soo true - the Lord has a plan for each and every one of us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been thinking about this verse a lot lately, and sometimes I have to remind myself of this when I get upset because something doesn't work out. Good luck with everything, I'm sure it will all work out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great message and I love how a simple bible verse can remind us of his plan and keep everything in check! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a total control freak as well girl, I totally understand what you mean. I'm about to freak about college in the fall, I HATE stuff being up in the air. I hope that everything gets better for you, ps you're adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's been a LONG time since I've been in school, but I remember that anxiety about job hunting and where my life was going (both in undergrad and graduate school). But everything will work out and you'll get through this lame duck period. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been having the same Lame Duck feeling in school. It stinks.
    I love love love NTB and That song and video!

    ReplyDelete
  10. When you relax and let God work in your life, you will realize God's plan is SO MUCH BETTER than anything that you could plan for yourself. My life is completely NOT what I expected 25 years ago when I graduated from college, but it's been wonderful.
    Let go, and let God...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yep! Sometimes we get so wrapped up in what we want and the stress that comes with it when really we just need to take a step back and remember Gods in control and everything thing will be a-ok! :) Love this song by the way :)

    "cause I just want something beautiful, oooohhh! ooooh!" That's me singing :) haha

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is an awesome post. I really need to keep that verse in the forefront of my mind, thank you for that reminder :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is one of my all time favorite verses.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jeremiah 29:11...Favorite!
    I wrote a post in January 2010 and added an awesome photo of this verse I took of it in my bible...I just wanted to share it with you.

    http://www.ambrosiaclark.com/2010/01/trying-times.html

    It came to mind as soon as I read this post. I love your sweet blog and am now following!

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh, i completely remember this feeling when i was about to graduate. it's SO hard to not know what's next-- especially if you're a planner like me. i remember searching my bible for scripture that reminded me not to worry as well as Jer. 29:11. (matt. ch. 6 is great, too) i posted verses all over my room and bathroom. and from then on, i still wanted to know what i would be doing, but i had peace.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I definitely relate! and that is one of my favorite songs--needtobreathe is my favorite when I need a little pick me up!

    ReplyDelete