Saturday, January 01, 2011

One Word.

I was so blessed because B was able to get off of work just before the New Year. We drove down to Kure Beach to watch the Beach Ball drop! The locals out there are the sweetest most fun loving people, we had such a great time chatting with them while waiting. We then came back to my apartment to popped bottles a bottle of champagne and just spent the evening talking about our one word & watching movies.  It was perfect!
Port City Community Church (PC3) in Wilmington does something called My One Word. The first time I ever attended PC3 they were just launching this idea of one word. Well it stuck. 
Instead of creating a list of resolutions for yourself in the coming year, you choose ONE WORD that allows your to create a vision for your future, that will allow your to develop into the person you want to be. By having this one word instead of an entire list, you are able to narrow down and focus on your goals. 
Here was a one word from last year. 
So now that you have about 3 million words racing through your head. Let's help narrow those down. GO HERE.

This year my one word is:
Purify.
I want do condition my mind and body to be more compassionate and more loving.

What will be your one word this year?

7 comments:

  1. I love this post! Glad you were able to spend the New year with your love! :) Purify, what a great word!! This is definitely something I want to think about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This might be my favorite New Year post!! Love your goal, I think just by acknowledging that you are well on your way to meeting it!!!

    Happy 2011!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like you had a good new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww your new year's looked like a lot of fun! i want my word to be abundance, as a payoff for working so hard on achieving my goals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog is so adorable! I look forward to following you in the new year ;)


    xo Lynzy
    http://sparklingfootsteps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! This year I decided to live out a statement instead of a resolution. "Live boldly," meaning be intentional and present in every moment. I'll have to think about this "one word" concept. =)

    ReplyDelete