Friday, November 05, 2010

beautiful "bo-furt"

You know that feeling you get when you hear a certian song, smell a particular smell, or think of a certian place, that just brings back a memory?
Last winter break, B and I spent a few days visiting his family who live relatively close to the Crystal Coast. Of course we had to participate in an adventure day, especially since I had never visited many of the areas along the Crystal Coast.
One of the places we stopped at was Beaufort "Bo-furt." (I know my fellow Charlestonians, weird) 
We enjoyed a late lunch, walked along the marina, and did a little shopping.
Every time I think of this place, my heart just melts.
This is where I first knew I was in love with B. 
It wasn't too crowed because it was the off season, just locals.
The temperature was perfect, cool with the warm sun beating down. It was about 4pm so the sun had started setting. I remember it all so vidily. We were walking along the dock looking at the water and the boats and it just happened...
I was so content, it's was as if all the desires in my heart of my ideal relationship were being fulfilled. It was such a wonderful moment.

If you live near the crystal coast, you really have to visit some of these towns, have a lunch or dinner date, walk around the shops, do a ghost tour at night, just enjoy the beauty.
 I created my idea of the perfect day-time and evening looks for those if you planning on taking a trip to the beautiful coast this season.
Crystal Coast

10 comments:

  1. What a pretty little town :)

    Love those outfits too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet:) Bo-fort is so quaint and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My grandma moved to Beaufort 3 years ago after my parents left Chicago to be closer to her other son. She hates it, which cracks me up because OccDoc and I thought it was such a cute little town for an old retired lady to live, and she pisses and moans about all the time when we're on the phone. She cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Crystal Coast. We did a ghost tour in New Bern and it was a lot of fun! Glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why are you so cute ALL the time? Seriously!!!! You and Ben are completely adorable!!!!!! Looks like you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I grew up in Beaufort and my fam still lives there- oh I'm getting homesick and teary eyed just reading this post! I miss it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! So cute and such a perfect memory! And seriously loving those clothes!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun! Love the second set of clothing!

    ReplyDelete