Monday, November 01, 2010

at least I know I'm free

Happy November! 
This is one of my favorite months of the year. 
It's a big time for birthday's in my family as well as Thanksgiving. 

This year, I am so thankful to be an American. So many of us get caught up in the hustle and bustle of life, that we forget the most incredible thing we should give thanks for daily. Everything we are able to do; whether it’s the way we dress, who we love, what we can say, who we vote for is all because we were blessed to be born into a country that allows us to have such a freedom. 
A few months ago a girl in my Intercultural course said "she wasn't proud to be an American."
I think that statement hits home to so many of us. 
As that course is coming to an end and I learn about some of the other countries laws and lifestyles, I can't help but feel more blessed for the country I live in. 
We have so many more opportunities than other people are given. 
People risk thier lives trying to enter into this country, because the "American Dream"  is more important than life. 
I am so proud, so blessed, and so thankful to live in such a wonderful place. 

To that girl and anyone who is not proud to be an American, please take note. 
Proud to be an American.
Lady Liberty and Uncle Sam
Kicking the Bucket on Senior Year
Wilmington Haunted Pub Crawl, we even got a guest appearance from a ghost. 

8 comments:

  1. LOVE your costumes!! Lady Liberty has never looked so good:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post my love! I think ALOT of people forget about what is important in life instead of being thankful for all that they have.

    Loved your costumes! So cute!!!!!

    Scary ghost!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Igor's story made me cry! I may have to share that Jordan. We do live in an amazing country!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I love this show and when I saw this my heart melted. He reminds me a lot of my mom. She came here from Honduras with just a small suitcase. She slept on couches, worked many jobs, learned English and eventually put herself through school. She was able to take advantage of so many opportunities here that she would never be able to find back home. And she is more proud than ever to be an American. Sometimes it takes an immigrant's story to make some realize what an amazing country this is. Where someone can go from "rags to riches".

    P.S LOVEEEE the costume!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and Ben looked amazing!! :) You guys are way too stinkin cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love your costumes!! ha, that is great! and it's always good to reflect and remember what we're grateful for!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved your unique and creative costumes and had to add you to my round-up, “87 Creative Halloween Couples Costumes” (http://www.thedatingdivas.com/holidays/halloween/87-creative-couples-costumes/). Thanks for being awesome and Happy Halloween from The Dating Divas xox

    ReplyDelete