Tuesday, October 26, 2010

rebirth festival

This weekend I went to visit my parents and attended one of my favorite festivals. 
The Carolina Renaissance Festival. 

It was the boyfriends first time at such an extravagant event like this. Needless to say he had a little bit of culture shock, especially when people who were NOT paid characters wore renaissance attire.
 B played games, which he couldn't get enough of because the games consisted of sharp objects like axe and ninja star throwing.
 We could not stop eating!
 We played with some animal friends.
 I was beyond excited when I found the Fairy Catching Kit...
Then we watched a joust and everyone was so into it. I just love when people let loose. 
We had the good knight, who won of course. 
 Then withing minutes of us leaving that fairy catching kit came in handy because I found TINKERBELL.
We soaked up the entire experience and had such a great time. If you have never been to a renaissance festival, and think it looks a little kooky, it is. But just take a look at that happy boy, skeptical at first and totally gave in by the end. 
love you bug. 

5 comments:

  1. Love the coolers, my hubs is a hunter. The renaissance fair looks fun! glad you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it looked like so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wanted to go to one of those!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We went to one once, and SoldierMan was NOT into it. I want to try it again with someone more enthusiastic about the experience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVED all your pictures! It looks like you had an awesome time! I'm sad that I didn't see a fairy catching kit or found a real fairy:( My girls would've loved that!

    Isn't it fun to feel young when you go to places like that!

    ReplyDelete