Monday, September 27, 2010

Wonderful, Wintergreen, Wine Weekend Extravaganza

I am back from my second trip this month to Virginia and just had the most fun. 
Unfortunately, I am not finding the motivation to do much today since it is a monsoon outside and I have a beautiful man snuggled up next to me that I missed so much this weekend. 
Before I pop of excitement, here is recap of my fantastic girls weekend. 
We took a trip up to Wintergreen and got to stare at this view everyday.
 We started off the weekend will a hike the morning after we arrived. 
Hiking is by far one of my favorite activities,
even if we do run into some scary nature life. 
(there is a snake hiding in this picture)
After hiking we took a drive to the Wintergreen Winery.  
and had a blast tasting the different wines.
We all ended up purchasing their Mill Hill Apple Wine to make Mulled Wine, the perfect fall wine.
 Mill Hill Apple Mulled Wine Recipe 
One bottle of Wintergreens Mill Hill Apple Wine 
2/3 cup Light Brown Sugar
2 cups Unsweetened Apple Juice 
2 Tbsp of Mulling Spices 
Combine in a Crockpot, heat, and enjoy.  
How heavenly does that sound?

The next day we spent the morning picking apples 
 It reminded me of picking apples at my great grandmothers place in Maryland.
The rest of the afternoon and evening was spent in Charlottesville shopping... 
...and dining.
Dreadfully, the weekend had to end, and I have to get started writing the thousands of papers due this week and exams to study, but for more girls weekend fun, visit Caitlin's blog.

12 comments:

  1. It looks like you guys had a great time!!! AND you guys are all SO pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a heavenly weekend! I'll have to try that spiced wine and now I'm itching to go apple picking... =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like you might have seen Virginia Belle, she did the same things this weekend
    http://virginia-belle.blogspot.com/2010/09/our-annual-apple-picking-excursion.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you had fun! I love apple picking! Hoping to make a trip up to my brothers (Alexandria) this fall to head to the orchards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome pictures! especially the first one, I hope that's going in a frame somewhere :)
    ps. the monsoon is also here in nmb! gahhh

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had so much fun! Where you went looked beautiful! And believe me, if my guy was in my bed today with the rain pouring outside (no guy :( just have the rain), I wouldn't have much motivation either!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never been apple picking, but I love Charlottesville! That's actually where we got engaged :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had so much fun. That view is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved all the pics!! You girls are so beautiful! I will have to try our the mulled cider...Halloween adult beverage, perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Lady! You're my partner in the Fall Swap from Nicole! I'm so excited since I missed out on the Summer Swap. Contact me at njflechsig@gmail.com so we can exchange mailing addresses! Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like an awesome trip! Love the pictures. And I also loved the monsoon yesterday, but that's just me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute pics!
    PS--Isn't it strange that in the south...when doing fall things...we're able to do them in shorts? Crazy! It's actually cool here already so I have to wear pants to the cider mill. Dang the luck!

    ReplyDelete