Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Virginia is for lovers

I have been totally MIA for a combination of reasons, I spent a wonderful weekend in DC, well Virginia, with my man and school (presentations, group work, papers, oh my).

The weekend didn't go exactly as we had planned, but that is life and we worked around it. 
We spent a lot of the weekend hanging out in,
How adorable is this place? 
And although the weather still screamed summer, Occoquan was in fall mode, so I couldn't help but feel an attachment to the town. 
(Be looking out for my post on the perfect pumpkin day. B and I planned it out during our 10 hours in the car this weekend)
I have been visiting Occoquan since I was a little girl, and it's fascinating to see how your perception of a place changes throughout the years. The town is so quaint and the locals we meet were most entertaining.
Don't worry though, I squeezed in a little lot of shopping in Georgetown.
And of course my roommates couldn't help but give me a proper welcoming when I got home. 
I found this lovely snack in my cabinet. 
Thanks Cait and Brit
This Thursday, I will be heading to the Virginia mountains with my girls. 
Is it bad that I have been in Wilmington less in the last month, then I have been here? 
I love this place, but I think I might be getting bored of the city, ready for a new adventure. 

10 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had fun. I hope that I get to see you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about DC cupcakes?!?! Did you manage to get there? Virginia is for Lovers!!!! I'm glad you had fun...and did some shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Occoquan is absolutely adorable, I live maybe an hour and a half from there and I have only been a few times but I love it :) glad ya'll had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy that you had a great time while you were there! That little town looked so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE Occoquan! My brother lives close-by and I grew up about 20 minutes away....miss the cute little shops! They used to have the BEST ice cream parlor there....first time I ever tasted cookie dough... mmmmm....now I'm hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw you and your man look so happy together!! Best wishes for you two! I've been following your blog for a while now and just wanted to say enjoy your last times at college- - It flies by sooo fast. I just graduated in May 2009, and there are times I miss it like crazy, and times I'm so glad I'm out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love VA! There are so many cute little towns!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are absolutely gorgeous! :)

    And so is that town! Awh, you make me miss home! I'm from Virginia!

    ReplyDelete