Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Duplin Wine

Yesterday, I was surpised with a full day of adventure fun. 
Have I mentioned I have the most fantastic boyfriend?
I got over to B's house and before we leave for our adventure, I see this. 
FRANK.
dead.
B said he's just tan, but I don't know about that. 
This is why men need women. 
I bought Frank about three weeks ago. 
THREE WEEKS. 
Who kills a plant in three weeks?
After I morn over the loss of my dear plant, B drives as we head to our destination.
As were approach the exit, we see the military's new toys.
Before I knew it, we had arrived...
Duplin Winery.
 That's right. 
We took a trip to Rose Hill, home of the World's Largest Frying Pan...and Duplin Winery.
Crossing another item off "Kicking the Bucket on Senior Year" List.
We took a fun little tour, and had the most hilarious tour guide. 
Yes, I am a dummy and ate that grape, pesticides and all. 
 Then came back to the Celler, and had a little wine tasting. 
And left with these.
My favorite, the white wine called Naughty & Nice which isn't released into stores until Christmas time. 
This perfect day wasn't over just yet. 
What's a perfect day without a new pair of shoes?
We stopped by Marshalls so I could pick up these babies that I have been dreaming about. 
I was always told if you touch it three times, get it. 
And then we drove downtown and ate dinner at the wonderful Cafe Phoenix. 
Half off totties Monday nights.
And as we walked back to the car to end our special day, I couldn't resist taking one last picture of the key wall in Wilmington. 

15 comments:

  1. I LOVE Duplin Wine! I told my husband that I have to make a trip to Rose Hill.....soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you had such a great Monday! That's so great... I love going to wineries, it looked like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun!!!!! We have always wanting to go to the Duplin Winery! Maybe...someday before we move?!? I absolutely LOVED that key wall. Where exactly is that in Wilimington?!?! I must see it!

    D-5days...*wink.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun day! I love surprises!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it!

    Also, I thought of you yesterday. My cousin from Illinois was trying to explain corn holes to my husband and my husband was terribly confused. When I finally realized what they were talking about I said, "Oh! I know what you're trying to say, we call those bean bag boards!" and gave you all the credit for my knowing. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to have to write down all these places you visit and drag my husband to them when he comes home .. I've never been to a winery before .. looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you guys are the cutest, seriously. That plant reminds me of How to Lose a Guy in 10 days, when he lets their "love fern" DIE..LOL..it's just tan, that's hilarious.
    Glad you got to spend a fun day with your honey!

    ReplyDelete
  8. good for you! happy week to you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Y'all are just too cute :) Glad y'all had such a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wine tasting is one of my very favorite activities in the whole world. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's so cute what Ben said about Frank. lol
    What a great trip! We must get together soon and share our lives gossip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun date!! Excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How fun!!! That looks like a lot of fun. Hubby wants to go on a winery tour and saw this and reminded me that Christmas is just around the corner if I needed an idea for a gift. LOL

    ReplyDelete