Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Providing Perspective

Little did I know that when I left the hospital looking like this mess,
I would learn one of life's most valuable lessons...
Perspective. 
Climb up on some hill at sunrise. Everybody needs perspective once in a while, and you'll find it there. -Robb Sagendorph
The past week I have been waddling around, walking like a slug and complaining about everything causing my temporary handicap. 
I am always an "on the go" type of person, always fast paced. 
Walking slower however, has really allowed me to recognize nature and enjoy the beauty around me.  
Even in the more unforeseen places.
If you don't take the time now to enjoy life and nature, you may always be waiting. 
(all pictures via)
A dear friend of mine, Melanie, just started her own blog called Adventure: Pursuit of Life
and she gives a great perspective on in the importance of life and adventure. 
 Inside all of us is hope. Inside all of us is fear. Inside all of us is adventure. Inside all of us is a wild thing. -Where the Wild Things Are

8 comments:

  1. You better be taking it easy women!!!!! Enjoy the last few days of summer left....xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely know what you mean! You have to take time to stop and smell the roses, as they say. Great pictures! I hope you're recovering well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What happened!! Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did I need to hear this today! Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jordan you are so right about this one, my dear. Take care of yourself and try to relax and enjoy life while doing so. There's something to appreciate in every moment.

    xoxo,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG what happened? where have I been? I'm missing EVERYTHING!!!! :( feel better baby doll

    ReplyDelete
  7. ok how the heck do you make a blog like this we tried its so hard!!!!

    ReplyDelete