Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Back to School

The time has come...
Today is my last first day of school as undergraduate student.
It's crazy to know I have been going to school my ENTIRE life and now after this year I will be trying something completely new. 
I cannot even fathom where I will be next year and there is something exciting and refreshing about that uncertainty. 




The quote that is my motivation for my life. 
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
— 
Marianne Williamson

At first school is all....
Organization.
Primping. 
Cute Outfits. 
But give it a few months, it never fails...
Doodles taking over your notebook.
Sleeping in Class or Falling asleep Studying.
Full on Meltdowns.
Let the school year begin...

18 comments:

  1. I can not believe I graduated from college over 2 years ago. I miss everything about school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that quote! Have a great first week at school!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this post. makes me miss being a college student! enjoy EVERY minute of your senior year it will fly by! soak up every minute of living with your best friends too... it's rare that you ever get that again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I already feel like the last picture and it's only 4 weeks into class LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you have a great first day of school!!! It will go by so fast for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehe! I actually LOVE the first day of school. Well, actually just being in school just makes me giddy! But you're right. Your next year will be so super exciting and refreshing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's one of my favorite quotes! Ands love the outlook on the school year! haha! too true

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dang....don't you just wish you had a few more days of summer? I'm super proud of you!!!! Have you used your stickers from your agenda book yet?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Man, I remember being in the same shoes as you a year ago. I couldn't believe I only had one more year of school left and before I knew it, it was over. Enjoy every moment of school and I'm sure the year after that will be very exciting for you! I know it was for me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. There are things about school I miss... constantly being around friends, having deadlines, and learning new things.

    And things I definitely don't...
    retarded professors, being completely stressed, and annoying classmates who think they know everything about anything.

    Enjoy your last year! =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The beginning of the school year feels weird post-graduation. I love that Marianne Williamson quote. Every time I hear or read it I think I should get it framed. Maybe someday I'll follow through. Enjoy your first week of classes - and this last year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck! You're going to do great! I miss school something awful. I normally try to audit at least one class a semester to keep up on my skills, but it's just not the same.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck with your last year of school! I love the little pictures about the progress of school...so true!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I adore that quote in your post. I can't believe I'm starting school for my second to last time either! Ah college goes so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the first day of school. Having a new outfit, getting all dolled up.. and the school supplies! I love school supplies!

    You've been tagged.

    http://clementlifestyle.blogspot.com/2010/08/this-is-fun-little-tag-game-going.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. You go girl!! I love your quote and I know you can do it. yeah!

    xoxo,
    carrie

    ReplyDelete
  17. I graduated three years ago... and I MISS COLLEGE TOO!!! So much. Love the pictures! ♥

    ReplyDelete