Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Journey to the Outerbanks

B and I took a trip to the Outerbanks for a few days. 
We met my mom's side of the family for my Grandparents 50th Anniversary. 
(well I am missing the anniversary thanks to summer school, work, and moving)
It's always wonderful visiting grandparents because well I have the coolest grandparents on planet earth and then I get to go to fancy dinners and eat things like this...
croissant crab cake
and pan seared grouper
Let's try and guess which one I ate?
Yeah, B is healthier than I am. 
Me, being, me wanted to take an Adventure and take the Ferry then drive all the way up to Corolla. 
Fail. 
It was hurricane-ing and took us 10 hours to get there. 
The next day we spent the day in the pool, hot (not hot)tub, and the beach.
Here is me and most of my cousins. 
We were missing the older boys. 
The day after, we went exploring the island.
(I know I am wearing the same hat in each picture, I didn't want to straighten my hair)
We went to Currituck Lighthouse. 
I love lighthouses. 
Isn't it BEAUTIFUL!
This is my cousin Morgan and I waiting in line to head up to the top of the lighthouse. 
The weather was amazing in the Outerbanks because of the wind. 
Climbing 216 steps to the top.
Me and my special boy at the top of the lighthouse.
We were only able to spend two short days, but it was worth it to spend time with family. 

5 comments:

  1. looks like an awesome trip! that food looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lighthouse is just gorgeous. I have never seen one up close and personal (we don't see too many of them in Alabama (LOL)). I'm glad you guys had a great trip - despite the car trouble) and you made it home safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a great post! I love how it was peppered with pictures! Glad you had a great time and that the car trouble didn't hold you up too much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sad jeepy! But otherwise looks like a fun fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your trip looked like so much fun!!! Poor Jeep :( That is mad skill that your dad could do that without being there! I would have died having stopped in a place like that. Has he ever seen horror movies?!?! lol. Good luck on your finals!

    ReplyDelete