Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Talk about it

It's not about the classes you take, it's about the hands you shake." 
This afternoon I had the lovely opportunity to sit in on a meeting at my (current, spring) internship and meet the lovely Debbie Elliot who is a Public Relations expert, if you will who owns the PR Firm, Talk, in Wilmington. Below is a picture of this PR Firm's modern office. So cool! 
Reason why I love this place...
1. I know the entire firm is not all women, but the meeting consisted of all women, and I love working under powerful women, it's so motivating. 
2. Interns BLOG! HELLO!!!! DING DING DING!!!!! Enough said.
3. Amazing office, each room has one wall painted a bright color, which really promotes creativity, at least in me.
4. I am a Communication Studies Major, and this would be a GREAT PLACE TO INTERN!

 Needless to say, I left the meeting plotting my action on how to land an internship at this place. 

5 comments:

  1. That quote is VERY true! I randomly found your blog the other day, you post some really cute stuff! I'm a Marine officer girlfriend too:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!!!! When will you find out?!?!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dana, Thanks, I have become addicted to blogging, I think I like it more than Facebook. Do you have a blog?

    Amber, I have a meeting tomorrow to sign up so I can get credit to do the internship, and right after that meeting I am calling Talk PR and requesting an interview!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know if this sent or not (lost internet when I hit Post Comment) but anyway, everyone here is on the internship hunt! Good luck to you, that place looks awesome! I hope you get it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have a blog. I have definitely considered it, but I'm a teacher and super paranoid my personal life will end up in the wrong hands:)

    ReplyDelete