Sunday, April 25, 2010

Love like Him

Do you ever just wake up some mornings thinking to yourself, 
"I am so blessed." 
Well I am having one of those days, and they are always the best days! 

I had a great night last night with my friends. 
I woke up to a GIANT much needed hug from my roommate.
Get to live with my best friends next year (the girls in the picture and Caitlin, below)
(Ain't she cute)
Wrote a paper I have been stressed about, making me ahead in finals. 
Today my parents are coming to visit..take me grocery shopping and to lunch. 
My boyfriend is incredible and super good looking.
My God loves me so much.

I read this in a devotion today and wanted to share it with you.
YOUR LOVE is your gift to the world. Let your love radiate out to all you meet. Let your love touch the hearts of people you don't even know. Let your love reach to the far corners of the earth. Love is what is saving the world. 

This devotion was just what I needed to read, and it came on the most perfect day. 
But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you (Luke 6:27-28). 
This is probably one of the hardest things a person can do, I know it is for myself. But this verse runs through my head every time I am struggling with a situation like this. But really think about how peaceful this world would be if we all simply practiced this one command. 
After pondering these thoughts I kept thinking, okay now what?
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails (1 Corinthians 13:4-8).
He lays it out for us. Love is Big and requires a lot of me. But it is so good, and feels so great. How lucky are we to be given the gift of love!


"Heal my heart and make it clean. Open up my eyes to the things unseen. Show me how to love like you, have loved me." -Hillsong

2 comments:

  1. such an inspirational post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So inspirational! And I love First Corinthians 13:4-8, that is my absolute favorite verse in the bible.

    ReplyDelete