Friday, April 13, 2012

wedding binder

I told y'all I would come back to it...
Meet my wedding binder.
A collection of all things wedding from flowers, to the cake, to the venue, and more! Like a huge bridal magazine of only the good things. It was that hide it under your bed until you've dated someone long enough for them to think you are not a freak if they were ever to come across it kind of quirk. My friends even thought I was crazy when I first showed them, but eventually, they all had little sleeves in my binder for themselves. My love for weddings probably began in the 4th grade. A classmate and I would stay after class to help clean up my teachers classroom while she graded papers. It would always delay us going to after school, which I loved. On top of that, my teacher at the time was getting married so we always got to watch A Wedding Story on TLC. Do you remember that show? When B and I got engaged, she wrote me reminding me that, "I now get to have my own Wedding Story."
It was such a sweet memory.
 I created the binder one summer back in high school and it's just grown since then. I would keep all kinds of inspirations and tips for all seasons. A few weekends ago when Heather came for a visit, we could not help but laugh at some of the ridiculous things I had saved. Like wedding etiquette and who should be informed via a phone call verses a hand written letter? I must have pulled out that page before text messaging and social media. Other than being a great laugh, I had saved some great ideas for the big day.
...or maybe I am just an OCD organizer.

Have a great weekend y'all!

16 comments:

  1. I have a wedding binder, too! I've loved weddings for as long as I can remember, but it's so funny to look back and see what I wanted my wedding to be like when I was younger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a wedding binder that I had been keeping since high school (10 years before I got married). Looking at it during my wedding planning was so hilarious! Some of the things that I put in there years ago were so out of style or not at all what I wanted anymore at my wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!! The Baby Binder will be next! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried to do a wedding binder, but found that a folder on my laptop worked better for me. Happy planning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not an uber-romantic girly-girl and even I had a binder for wedding planning. Even though the wedding of my dreams quickly turned into a quiet, sweet ceremony with a small group of people, I still have that binder (just in case, you know, we have a 10-year vow renewal of my dreams instead!)

    Can't wait to see some of your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My wedding binder was my LIFE when planning my wedding. Love love love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was SOOOO not into the wedding planning. I'm not sure if it was getting married older or what?
    I had a few things I ripped out here and there but I honestly would have rather had something super small at a remote island.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello my fellow Charlottean! :)

    I love the wedding binder! Do you have a baby one too? :)

    Melissa
    http://melissadawntheblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. loooooooove the wedding binder. That is awesome that you still liked most of the stuff you collected over time. I felt like I was constantly changing my mind. Happy Weekend, Friend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww that is so sweet, what your teacher said!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. aw, your story is so sweet
    never watched a wedding story, but i will watch an episode of say yes to the dress in a heartbeat!!!
    brett

    ReplyDelete
  12. New follower & blogger... USMC wife and UNCW graduate :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it!! I've definitely got my fair share of torn out pictures for my future wedding. And now with pinterest :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it! I've finally (slowly) started letting go of the Bridal Guides I've been collecting since I was in fifth grade. I won't ever let go of the binder my best friend and I put together however. It's just too funny. =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. how fun!! it's nice to have all your ideas and inspiration in one spot, so sweet you get to actually USE your research now, woohoo! ;)

    xoxo
    hillary

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yup, I had one of those, too. I don't remember how long it lasted...most of it was pie-in-the-sky stuff, so it was good inspiration...and of course, I had it all planned out for a winter wedding and we moved it to the fall. Anyway, I loved that binder. Fun times!

    ReplyDelete